The pool coping and finish has a huge influence on the design of a swimming pool. A good swimming pool finish would be able to provide good friction under wet conditions, make the swimming pool look great and require low maintenance. Exposed aggregate pool interiors are very low cost and versatile compared to other options like pool tiles, and they also offer better performance than traditional pool plasters. This guide will help you gain more knowledge about exposed aggregate pool interiors if you plan to use it for your pool.
- Exposed aggregate finish involves the use of a concrete base mixed with colored pebbles, stones and even glass beads. The variety you get is mostly because of the innumerable combinations of different colored stones.
- As the pieces of stones and pebbles come to the surface once the concrete sets, the surface would not be very smooth, but it would provide superior grip in wet conditions. Smaller pieces of stones make the walking area more comfortable without compromising on the friction.
- It offers a lifespan of around fifteen to twenty years as the materials in the aggregate do not break down as easily as the ones found in traditional pool plaster. The recent trends of pool owners in Raymond, New Hampshire, choosing to opt for the aggregate pool finish over traditional pool plasters is because of the former’s superior performance.
- You can get a range of textures according to the kind of ingredients used and the approximate size of each piece in the mixture. Either way, they need to be applied and handled by trained professionals as the mixture needs to be spread evenly across the surface, without allowing the formation of air bubbles.
- The colors shown by the surface changes with the depth of water. This can be used to make the the pool look more dramatic as the shallow areas would have a slightly different color than the deep areas.
Once the exposed aggregate mixture is applied around the pool, the surface would need to be power washed with a solution of muriatic acid to reveal the pebbles under the top layer of concrete. For swimming pool renovation, make sure that you use the help of a professional as these processes require a degree of knowledge and skill acquired through experience. Even if there are any repairs that need to be done, a professional would be able to do a clean job without damaging any other part of your swimming pool.